||From September through November the Marching Sundevils perform at all home football games. The Marching Sundevils is both a pep band during the game and performs its field show during half-time. The band and guard provide a high degree of excitement and entertainment at the games which adds to the campus atmosphere. Without our participation, games would not be as exciting or fun to see.
||Check the calendar for this years home games.
||5:30 pm – New marching students & student leadership Call-time (report time).
- 5:30 pm – Color Guard students report time.
- 5:45 pm – All other band students report time.
- 6:00 pm – Dress, groom – warm-up & tune with your section leader.
- 9 – 10 pm – time varies when games conclude
- NOTE: Members of the Band stay for the entire football game unless otherwise directed by Mr. McPherson.
- The call-time for the Band is usually earlier for the homecoming game as the band performs prior to the game beginning as opposed to half-time. Stay tuned for an announcement on this report time.
|Food & Drink
- It’s a good idea to eat a meal before arriving for a home football game.
- Band volunteers provide water during football games.
- ABSOLUTELY NO EATING once in band uniform!
- Blue Jeans/ Band Polo shirts or Full Band Uniform.
- Clean black marching shoes.
- Clean dark black socks with no emblems/designs
|What to Bring
- Instrument/mouthpiece if not stored at school
- Clean white gloves
- Clean black marching shoes
- Clean black socks with no emblems/designs
||Your student typically will not need money for home football games
||Parking is very tight during home football games. If you’re just dropping students off, you can do so on the main street by the band room.
|Can My Student Drive Him/Herself?
||Yes, if your student is a licensed driver and has parent permission – but be aware that parking is difficult at home football games
|Can I Watch?
||Parents are encouraged to come to as many home football games as possible. Yes, parents must pay to get into all football games. MCHS Band parents wear the red colors and sit on the east end of the field near the band.
|Why should I attend?
||Watching the band perform at home football games gives parents a chance to see the incredible progress our students make over the course of marching season. In the early games, the band only performs a selection or two from the field show. As the season progresses the entire field show is revealed and marching/music evolves into an exciting display. Your attendance gives support to our students.
||Volunteers are needed for a variety of events throughout the school year. Ask a Band Booster board member or committee chair how you can help for a single day or multiple activities throughout the band season.