The “Arcadia Festival of Bands” is the final parade performance of the parade marching season.
The “SCSBOA Division 6A Championship” is the final performance of the competitive field marching band season. This performance includes performances of the 12 best 6A bands in all of Southern California.
- “Arcadia Festival of Bands”
- “SCSBOA 6A Band Championship”
- Citrus College Stadium, 1000 W Foothill Blvd, Glendora, CA 91741 Google Maps Link
The Saturday before Thanksgiving break.
Times vary, but the below timeline is similar to past years
- 7:00 am Call Time at the Mt Carmel Band Room
- 7:30 – 8:00 am buses depart for Arcadia, California
- 10:00 – 10:30 am Buses arrive at the Santa Anita Racetrack parking lot for the Parade. The parade Band gets ready. Non-parade band goes with Band Moms to the Parade route to watch the parade and then follows the band to Arcadia High School for Awards. Parade Band competes between 12:00 pm’ish (exact time determined by Arcadia Festival organizers)
- Parade Band changes back into street clothes at the buses.
- 2:00 pm Awards at the Arcadia High School Stadium.
- 3:30 PM-load buses and leave for Citrus College
- 4:15 PM-arrive at Citrus College. Senior Line!
- 5:00 PM Stretch and change into uniform
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM (exact time determined by SCSBOA schedule) Mt. Carmel Performs for the 6A Championship!
- 8:00 PM line up for the Band Retreat in the stadium. Stay in uniform…no shakos!
- 8:30 PM Awards in Full Retreat
- 9:00PM-back to buses, change into street clothes, and load buses.
- 11:45 PM-12:00 AM- arrive back at MC
Food & Drink
Depending on the exact schedule above the Band will either get food at Arcadia High School where vendors have set up food stations or we go to the Food Court in the Santa Anita Mall. Which one we do is up to Mr. Mac and the overall schedule for that day. Therefore, be sure to bring money for food.
To volunteer as a Band Mom, Band Dad, or Uniform Mom click here!