- Band camp is mandatory for all band students. This is the “pre-season” session that introduces and solidifies marching and field show fundamental skills. Aside from learning marching and music, it is an opportunity to meet new band members and get reacquainted with old ones.
- Early August – The week before school starts
- Please see the calendar for the exact band camp dates
- Mt Carmel High School Band Room
- Mt Carmel High School Sundevil Stadium
Food & Drink
- Bring a large thermos of water or sports drinks to keep yourself hydrated. The Music Foundation will have water coolers filled with water for refills if needed
- Eat a healthy breakfast before arriving at Band Camp
- Lunch is provided by the Music Foundation during all six days of Band Camp
- Students should dress appropriately for the weather. Athletic Shorts/T-Shirts or similar athletic attire are suggested for camp.
- Wear comfortable athletic shoes and socks. Your child will be on their feet for the majority of camp. Please make sure their shoes are comfortable and will last through the week.
- Hat and/or sunglasses
- Sweatshirt in case it cools off
- Bring sunscreen! This is very important when marching in Sundevil Stadium. Pack sunscreen to reapply whenever necessary throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Instrument/mouthpiece if not stored at school
- Music and pencil
- Attire: See Above under DRESS
Parking or Drop-Off
- Park in the MCHS parking lot. You can drop students off by the Band Room
Can Parents Watch?
- Parents are always welcome to observe band practices in Sundevil Stadium. During band camp, you may not be interested in staying the entire time, but you are welcome to watch.
What do I need to know as a parent?
- Band Camp is about building a solid marching foundation for the season. It’s a very intensive “music boot camp,” but these weeks are a cornerstone of one of the best high school music programs anywhere. If you regularly come to band practices you will be amazed at the progress our students make as the season proceeds.
- Volunteers are always needed. Ask a Music Foundation Board Member or Committee Chair how you can help for a single day or multiple activities throughout the band season. If you’re interested in becoming a Band Mom or Band Dad click here to sign up: http://mchsband.com/parent-volunteers/volunteer-sign-up-links/